[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]THE 3 DAY ULTIMATE GORILLA TREKKING SAFARI
This 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for which is known to possess more than half of all the remaining mountain Gorilla population in the world and as such, you can be sure your chances of seeing the Gorillas in Uganda will be at 99%.
Kindly study the detailed 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari itinerary below and contact us for a quote or let us know if you wish to make any changes.
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi home of Uganda Gorillas
You will be picked up from your hotel in Kampala or at the airport or an agreed location near Kampala and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park located in the western part of Uganda with approximately 540km from Kampala by road. You will have a stopover at the equator for photography and the experiment and another stopover in Mbarara town for lunch.
Proceed to Bwindi arriving in the evening. Dinner and overnight stay at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
Day 2: Gorilla trekking Uganda – Bwindi
Enjoy early morning breakfast and transfer to the park headquarters with your packed lunch for briefing by the ranger guides and later head into the forest for your trek.
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi takes 2 to 8 hours depending on the movement of the gorillas. These primates roam the park freely and there is no way of telling where they will be for a particular day.
On finding them, you will be allowed 1 hour to view and take photos of these gentle primates, enjoy your lunch packs and meet your driver / guide and transfer back to your lodge.The time after trekking with Gorillas in Uganda’s Bwindi can be spent on a village tour or lazing off at the hotel as you savoir the memories of your gorilla trek in Bwindi and prepare for the next day. Dinner and overnight at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge as above
Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala
You will enjoy breakfast and transfer back to Kampala with a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch. Proceed to Kampala arriving in the afternoon. Drop off at your hotel in Kampala, or Entebbe airport for your onward flight.
Packing List For a Gorilla Trekking Safari / Tour (EQUIREMENTS)
- Walking boots or shoes (boots are better because they have better grip and support your ankles on hilly terrain)
- Breathable waterproof jacket and trousers. Even if it doesn’t rain, the ground and vegetation are generally wet. Wearing waterproof trousers means you can kneel to get gorilla photos or slide down slippery slopes.
- Long-sleeved shirt (to protect yourself from tree branches, the sun and insects)
- Gaiters (or long socks) to tuck long trousers into (to correct legs from scratches and keep insects out)
- A fleece or light wool sweater
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and sunhat
- Gloves to grip the vegetation (gardening gloves are perfect!)
- Camera equipment